kickstart problems GP

Anything related to Lambretta scooters....ask technical questions, post helpful information, or just read and learn.

Sponsored by:

kickstart problems GP

Postby clockwork » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Had a problems with the kick start on my gp.....sleeve keeps slipping of and wont engage first gear... just wondering what parts to replace while ive got it stripped out save stripping again if anything else is worn?? :roll:

cheers ...
clockwork

Re: kickstart problems GP

Postby Toddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:27 pm

clockwork wrote:Had a problems with the kick start on my gp.....sleeve keeps slipping of and wont engage first gear... just wondering what parts to replace while ive got it stripped out save stripping again if anything else is worn?? :roll:

cheers ...

By sleeve do you mean Plunger ??
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Toddy

Postby clockwork » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Toddy wrote:
clockwork wrote:Had a problems with the kick start on my gp.....sleeve keeps slipping of and wont engage first gear... just wondering what parts to replace while ive got it stripped out save stripping again if anything else is worn?? :roll:

cheers ...

By sleeve do you mean Plunger ??
yes sorry mate ...
clockwork

Postby Toddy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Sounds like the spring is worn but strip down and check all parts the plunger teeth may be worn as well if you look on scooter restorations site there's a parts diagram for the kickstart shaft assembly that gives you an idea of what you may need mate
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Toddy

Postby clockwork » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Toddy wrote:Sounds like the spring is worn but strip down and check all parts the plunger teeth may be worn as well if you look on scooter restorations site there's a parts diagram for the kickstart shaft assembly that gives you an idea of what you may need mate

cheers toddy ill have a look
clockwork

Postby clockwork » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Got it sorted.. cheers for all the help......there was loads of play on the kickstart lever....put a tack on it kicked over first time!!
clockwork

Return to Lambretta Tech